Capstone is helping our client build their team by providing people who are looking for their next challenge. This will help our client create an App that will help drive the sales for a nearly $1B sales channel. These teams are focused on the mobile architecture, development, design, and integration of various software systems, databases, and third-party packages utilizing tools and technologies including Java and Swift. This individual would be the lead on various small to medium enhancements to an existing mobile app. There is an iOS and Android version of the app, so this individual would be expected to complete development on both platforms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with lead business systems analysts, development teams, project managers and others to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develop standards and technical documentation for existing design of software systems
- Expected to be very involved with day to day development operations such as sprint ceremonies, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Take lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd parties.
- Conduct software demo’s to educate and train others in the use of software.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Deep understanding of the iOS operating systems
- Experience working with the Android operating system
- Experience with Google Firebase and related Google products
- Advanced understanding of change management control process and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, and build and release engineering.
- Understanding of mobile, traditional web, and REST services, writing and managing API gateways, and service orchestration.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using technologies like Git, Jenkins, Postman, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in effectively communicating complex technical concepts with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed.